Andrew Green TYLER
Andrew Green TYLER was born in either Harris or Talbot County, Georgia on 21 May 1845. His parents were Asa J. TYLER and Mary Ann KELLY.
He was married to Nancy Risby WEBB, daughter of James WEBB and Hannah Jane BRAY abt 1863, probably in Marion County, Georgia and to this marriage was born 12 children:
- Mary J., b. abt. 1867. (Married Baldwin RUTHERFORD).
- Sarah Julia, b. 24 Aug 1869, d. 2 Jan 1963. (Married John Thomas TAYLOR).
- Lula A., b. May 1870. (Married (1) Edd E. MORGAN and (2) Jimmy HELMS).
- John Watts, b. 2 Nov 1871, d. 9 Apr 1949. (Married Lill TAYLOR).
- James Wesley, b. Jul 1873, d. 15 Jan 1949. (Married Lula Jane PARKER).
- Jennie, b. 17 Aug 1875, d. 27 Aug 1964. (Married Homer or Hunter JORDAN).
- Allice E., b. Oct 1877. (Married Mr. McCLUNG).
- Benjamin Wall, b. 17 Oct 1879, d. 22 Oct 1965. (Married Cora BROWN).
- Willie Carol, b. 27 Jun 1883, d. 11 Jul 1960. (Married Terrell Temperance CHALKLEY).
- Henrietta or Sudie, b. 25 Jul 1884, d. 17 Jun 1886.
- Mattie, b. 24 Apr 1889, d. 25 Jan 1980. (Married Otis YOUNGBLOOD).
- Eddie A., b. 21 Apr 1892, d. 27 Sep 1916. (Married Eufala HAGLER).
Andrew Green, or Uncle Green, as he was called by his family, died on 17 Feb 1912 in Marion County, Georgia. He is buried at the Union United Methodist Cemetery there. His wife, Nancy Risby, or Aunt Risby, survived him by more than 20 years. She passed away on 5 Dec 1935 in Marion County and is buried next to her husband.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2020 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?